Friday, February 15, 2013

Our Love Story

To say that our love story is unconventional would probably be an understatement. Most people don't really ask how Grady and I met - so I'm not sure how many people actually know.

The truth is, Grady and I met online. That's probably not shocking to the people that really know me considering how many of my closest friends are people I originally met "online," but that's not the point. We met on a dating website called OkCupid.

I had my account for quite some time and I logged on one day to close it because I was tired of getting e-mail alerts about it. On a whim, I decided to check my matches one last time and I noticed Grady. I don't know what made me message him (especially since I was logging on to delete my account), but I did it anyway. Before either of us really knew what hit us, we were having a full on conversation and we wound up exchanging numbers within a few hours of first interacting.

From there, it was all pretty fast and furious. We met in person (Grady was so persistent) on October 9th. It was a short meeting; he was waiting for his class to start and I was on my way home from a long day at work. Grady says that the moment he saw me..he knew I was the one. If I'm being honest, I don't remember what my very first reaction was but I do remember being insanely nervous! Right away we were completely comfortable with one another. As corny as it sounds; it really did feel like we had known one another our entire lives. Those first few days were like being in high school all over again! We'd spend all day texting and we'd spend hours on the phone at night talking. I'm not sure how two people can talk so much and not run out of things to say, haha.

On October 13th I headed out to Ransom Canyon to see him at his house. It was almost sunset and he was going to dinner with his family for his sister's birthday, but we decided to drive over to the Ransom Canyon Memorial Chapel to sit and talk. That's where, after only 4 days of "knowing" one another, Grady told me that he loved me and asked me to be his girlfriend.

It might throw most people off to be told by a guy who, just four days ago, was a stranger that he loves you. But not me! I said it right back to him without even the slightest hesitation and from that moment on we were basically inseparable.

We've changed so much since that chance meeting 16 months ago. We've grown as individuals and as a couple and I cannot wait to see what the future holds for us. I'm so blessed to have found the one my soul loves.











No comments:

Post a Comment