Friday, February 15, 2013

I'm Back!

 So many things have happened since the last time I wrote and I can't believe I fell right back off the blogging wagon again. I should be napping right now. I said should because we had a wild and crazy day in kindergarten (for some reason our Valentine's Day parties were yesterday - so the kids were on a sugar high all day today) and I'm ALWAYS beyond exhausted on Friday afternoons. But as I got ready to crawl right into bed and settle in for that much needed nap..the inspiration to write just hit me!

I want to be able to look back on this blog years from now and remember every single thing that happens during one of the most exciting times of my life. I need to be better about writing! Even if nobody else ever reads one thing I write here - this is something that I need to do for myself.

I guess the most exciting thing is that I GOT ENGAGED. I cannot even begin to describe how excited/blessed/stressed/overwhelmed I feel about 99% of the time, but I cannot wait until the day that I get to marry the love of my life. I have a post in mind about how we met and I have another post all about wedding planning, so I'll save the engagement story for later. But it was perfect. It was so far from what I imagined in my head but if I could go back and change it - I wouldn't!

Kindergarten is flying by! I can't believe all of the things my sweet little ones can do and I know that May will be here before I know it and I'll have to send them off to 1st grade. I was definitely blessed with a great class and as exhausting as they can sometimes be, Ms. Selmon sure will miss them when it's finally time to say goodbye.

Recently I started "leading" TurboFire classes at my sister's school (my second school-home!) Ramirez. I said "lead" because really we just play the DVD and if people need extra help with the steps then we pause it and I break it down for them. It's so much fun! Even when nobody else shows up - it gives me extra motivation to work that much harder. I don't technically "lead" classes at my school, but I do do Turbo in my classroom every Tuesday after school if any of my McWhorter friends are reading this and want to join in. ;) Gotta get in shape before the cruise and before engagement pictures and wedding dress shopping this summer! If we're being totally honest, I should be working out right now instead of blogging (or napping, like I'd originally planned) but I'll just get in a double workout tomorrow and call it even.

I'm an aunt now! Love my sweet little nugget (that's my nickname for her) Mariah. She was stubborn as heck before she got here..but she definitely waited for Aunt KiKi and KK to get back to the hospital before she made her appearance. Don't believe me? The night before she was born we headed back to Lubbock because we had school the next day. As we left, we patted Kyndra's belly and I said "Don't come out before we get here!" The next day comes and all day we'd been getting text updates about when she was expected to make her grand entrance. Kayla and I were so worried we'd miss it! But we got through the school day and got back to Amarillo and not even 10 minutes after we got to the hospital - Mariah was born! It's also worth nothing that she LOVES to sleep for her favorite aunties and is always sure to give Mommy and Daddy a hard time once we come back home. ;)

So that's it! Not too long of a post after a hiatus that lasted a few months - but this is my promise (to myself) to start blogging more. Up next..our love/engagement story and WEDDING PLANS! 7/26/14..it's happening, people. ;)

Until then!

No comments:

Post a Comment